University of California Collection Development Desiderata

Thursday, September 18, 2008

MAN. A German Industrial History

Johannes Bähr, Ralf Banken und Thomas Flemming
Die MAN
Eine deutsche Industriegeschichte
C. H. Beck Verlag, München 2008
ISBN-10 3406577628
ISBN-13 9783406577628
Gebunden, 621 Seiten, 38,00 EUR



"This was when I rediscovered MAN-Werke ('even as they started fires outside the MAN-Werke, even as they sat at corner table in the restaurant in the Hauptbahnhof until five in the morning'), thinking that my loneliness might be assuaged. It was the sort of thing that I might have sold. I wanted to walk into every room. I knew that I would have to carry it over, although others were convinced that there still was time to talk to me. They knew me; they knew how hard I worked, and how carefully I assembled much of what was done then."

No comments:

Blog Archive